Sunday, April 29, 2007

What To Do...

Any day now I would not be shocked if something drastic happened with the Yankees. They are in last place and playing as poorly as they have since Joe Torre took over as manager. I know they have had a ton of injuries to the pitching, but also alarming is the lack of production from players such as Bobby Abreu and Johnny Damon.

If I am the owner, I stick with Torre and possibly shake of the coaches (Guidry mainly). The Mets used this method in 2000 following getting swept in a series by the Yankees and they eventually rebounded to make the World Series. It was widely reported that when picking a new pitching coach after Stottlemire left, Guidry was Torre's choice while the organization wanted to go a different way. I am not saying this is always effective, but it sends a message to the team and the fans. Bottom line is that I would be shocked if Torre was still with the Yankees next year if they don't win it all.

Interesting side note is that Torre used to be the Teflon don with the Yanks. He could do no wrong in the media or fans. Now he is roasted on a daily basis, and Cashman has Teflon status. If and when Torre goes, the heat will be turned back up on Cashman. Anyway, I would love to hear thoughts of the readers on this. It will be a very interesting story to see play out.

STKAFI

No comments: