Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Early Schedule Thoughts

At first glance, the G-Women's schedule does not look much easier than last year. Right off the bat with a prime time game at Dallas. At Washington and then Philly in weeks 3 and 4 will not be easy. Then you got those tricky, tricky Jets, a Monday night game in the dome at Atlanta against Vick. To finish off the first half of the season it's an up and coming San Francisco team and then off to London against the Dolphins. Similar to last year, it's gonna be a matter of them getting through the first half of the season and hope to remain in contention. However, the schedule doesn't really lighten up at all to finish off the year. Best case scenario, I see a 10-6 finish, but I can also see them going 6-10 just as easily. I think they'll be favored against GB, Jets, SF, Miami, Dallas, Det, Minn, Wash, and Buff. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt in most cases. I don't see that they've made significant improvements as of now. I think they need to grab a linebacker in the draft(I'll get into this Friday) and then hope some young guys step up. But I'll go with 9-7 and and actually even slip into a wild card berth once again.

My completely biased opinion on the tricky, tricky J-E-T-S is that they caught a break from the schedule makers once again. I think they split in the division overall going 4-2. Out of division games aren't as daunting as I thought they would be. Baltimore has an aging McNair, and a defense that lost Adalius Thomas. However, McGahee kills us so we lose that game. We beat the G-Women, no questions asked, it is not up for debate. Has anyone ever looked at Eli on the sideline. He sits by himself with this dumbfounded look on his face, while big Chad is moving around yelling, getting people fired up. And he was a freakin' Rhodes Scholar. Who needs arm strength? Anyway both Washington and Philly come to the Meadowlands, along with Pittsburgh and KC. I like our chances against Gibbs, Herm, and a rookie coach. I'll take a loss to Philly, but then we'll get revenge against the Browns at home this year. The other 3 road games are the 'Boys, Cincy, and the Titans. Cincy will beat us, the other 2 are close to a toss up. So I see the J-E-T-S being favored against Miami, @Buff, Buff, Wash, Pitt, @Miami, Cleve, Tenn, KC. Like the G-males, I see around 9-7 record. They were clearly helped out by the schedule last year and it will probably much more difficult to make the playoffs this time around. All that said, we're going 12-4 and knocking the Pats from the top of the AFC East, starting week 1 at the Meadowlands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its good to see smurph baggins is still alive and comes back with a ridiculous jets prediction of 12-4 knocking the pats off...are YA crazyyyy?

Anonymous said...

Thank God I don't have to play my brother!