Monday, June 4, 2007

A break from your Monday LeBron Barrage

As luck would have it, I have the unique opportunity to be the first on this website to discuss my thoughts on the looming NBA Finals. However, I as I am assuming everyone will be talking about it, we will be going in another direction for this column.

I have been reading up on some of the training camp reports and in my mind, it is never too early to make some power rankings/predictions for the much anticipated NFL season starting in just 3 short months or so. With the draft and most of the free agent signings / trades in the rear view mirror, we are for the first time able to look at the potential opening day rosters.

Power Rankings.

  1. Colts: The defending champs definitely lost some important starters on D but they still have Peyton Manning.
  2. Patriots: The newly anointed 2nd best quarterback in the league just got a whole lotta weapons on that offense of his. With Donte Stallworth and Mr. Moss, there is not one team in the league that can handle this offense man to man.
  3. Chargers: La La Ladanian
  4. Saints: Beefed up that defense, Brees still leading the attack on O. They will miss Joe Horn
  5. Bears: Awesome D-fense. Drop a spot because Rex Grossman is TERRIBLE
  6. Titans: Vince Young Just Wins Football games. Haynesworth and Pacman(will be greating the teams as they arrive) will be enough to make teams afraid for their lives.
  7. Cardinals: New coaching, good offense, improved everywhere, I think they finally make the jump
  8. Jets: Man-genius. Still think they shoulda taken Brady Quinn
  9. Seahawks: Patrick Kerney the forgotten big free agent signing. Just don’t like these guys. Probably Shaun Alexander for some reason I’m not a fan
  10. Ravens: I like the moves they have made. Willis Mcgahee should play great.
  11. Bengals: Probably should have been higher but they lose points due to the fact that half of them will be behind bars by Christmas
  12. Panthers: Still have a great D but I don’t think that Delhomme is the answer anymore.
  13. Rams: Solid team all around. There isn’t really anything spectacular about these guys
  14. Broncos: The Mile High advantage makes them always at least competitive.
  15. Jaguars: No idea where to put this team. Way too many questions.
  16. Giants: No Tiki, I have never been solid on the mental fortitude of the QB. I think that Giants fans are in for a long season. Having 2nd thoughts about putting them this high up.
  17. Bucs: Didn’t love their draft but they will be good if Cadillac remembers how to use his legs
  18. Eagles: Terrible Off season. Just terrible.
  19. Cowboys: I hate Tony Romo, hate the coaching choice, good draft though, love TO
  20. Redskins: They are always middle of the road and that won’t change this year
  21. 49ers: Big moves this off season. Not positive that it will push them to the next level though
  22. Steelers: This team is 100% mediocre.
  23. Browns: Still the worst team in this division but the Steelers could give them a run for their money.
  24. Dolphins: Good D, just needs Trent Green, Cleo Lemon ain’t getting it done.
  25. Chiefs: This team will never break my top 20. Not until I can name a starting receiver without wondering if Eddie Kennison is still alive.
  26. Falcons: Will Vick even be there?
  27. Packers: Bleh.
  28. Vikings: I like Adrian Peterson, I don’t like that I cannot name another offensive starter. Was Brad Johnson still playing at the end of the year?
  29. Lions: They suck. But the offense should be fun to watch, no? I may be against the pick but Calvin will still probably win ROY
  30. Bills: They suck even worse. Nothing fun about these guys
  31. Raiders: I love Lane Kiffin’s approach, love JaMarcus Russell. Just don’t love anyone else on the team
  32. Texans: Terrible Supreme

Playoff Teams

NFC: Giants(I guess), Bears, Saints, Cardinals, WC: Seahawks, Bucs

AFC: Patriots, Ravens, Colts, Chargers, WC: Jets, Titans

NFC Champ: Saints(Surprised?)

AFC Champ: Colts


SAINTS WIN! SAINTS WIN!

I promise, no more football for a month at least

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After I whack Tony, I'm going to whack Rodrigo. Oi!

Anonymous said...

eat my shorts

Anonymous said...

Hey it is the first spam post!

This blog has arrived!