Wednesday, June 13, 2007

All Star Picks

When did this disparity in sports occur. The AL way better than the NL, the Western Conference way better than the East, The AFC way better than the NFC. I know at certain periods of time one league was more dominant, but for their to be such a disparity in all 3 leagues at the same time?? Don't give me that Cardinal World Series stuff, they got hot at the right time, they were not a better baseball team then about 3 or 4 AL teams. (Let's hear it Ice Cold)

First of all I have received the same email 4 different times concerning the end of Sopranos. This is the best piece I've found summing it all up
http://blog.silive.com/advanceupdate/2007/06/exclusive_an_interview_with_so.html

Usually I would write about the NBA Finals, but it is nauseating me. I'm not even talking about the low scoring, I at times enjoy a good defensive, grind it out playoff game. What is nauseating to me is how bad Lebron's supporting cast is. The guys are terrible. Spurs went 10-19 from three, Cavs went 3-19 from three. Ok enough.

Let's look at baseball. The All Star game is just a month away.
AL: I'm only doing starters
Catcher- Jorge Posada .353, 7, 40 With Mauer out, another catcher had to step up and take the batting title, who knew it would be Jorge
1B- David Ortiz .340, 11, 42 I give Ortiz the nod over Morneau, despite Justin's 17 home runs and 47 rbi's, for one because of the different in batting average .340 to .276 but also because of the Red Sox tremendous record and the Twins lousy one
2B- Polanco .344, 33 rbi, 44 runs One of the catalysts for a Tiger team that leads baseball in hits. A down year by Cano thus far, and my hatred for Kinsler (think Chris Shelton 2007)
3B- Arod. I won't waste your time justifying this one
SS- Jeter This is close between him and Guillen but DJ's 46 runs to 32 for CG and .328 compared to .305.
OF- The 6 candidates for 3 spots
Magglio .362, 13, 56, 53 runs
Vlad .330, 12, 54, 34 runs
Manny .289, 8, 33, 33 runs
Tori .308, 13, 51, 38 runs
Sheff .281, 17, 43, 57 runs
Ichiro .333, 5, 33, 48 runs

Magglio is a no brainer, and maybe the only other person in the MVP argument other then Arod right now. For the other two, I'm going with Ichiro who leads the most surprising team in baseball and Vlad who leads the AL west Angels. Sheff may be the hottest player in baseball as of late but Magglio is stealing his all star thunder. Vlad is 2nd in the league in RBIs and one of the top in average as well. Manny comes in a distant 6th

Starting pitcher- Lackey may have his 10 wins, Beckett may be undefeated, C.C. may be the most dominant over the past two weeks... but my starter is Tyler Clippard... just kidding, I'm going with Danny Haren. I like many think wins is a slightly overrated category was judging pitching, however is 1.58 era cannot be ignored. The second closest in the AL is 2.48. Haren has 97 innings and is 7-2. he has let up more then 2 earned runs just once the entire season and that was his 3rd start of the year. he has made 14 starts, and started the year off 0-2! In 4 of his 14 starts he has let up zero earned runs, including one in which he lost. He's my choice, although their are def worthy candidates.

Sorry, no NL picks for me.. if no one does it ill make the NL next week. Hopefully the Mets have won a game by then, and as for the Yanks... they are getting awfully big in that rear view mirror

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On 16 today, I pulled up my shirt and flashed Tiger!...he fainted, but some of the drunk spectators thought that some slam-pig was showing of her melons.

Anonymous said...

Just kidding guys, it was actually me on 16! ;)

Anonymous said...

But seriously, fellas. My tits are huge and they certainly aren't getting any smaller.