Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend Notes

So did UNC cost anyone else $1000 yesterday???? it would have been a little shady to win my own pool, but that money could have done wonders.

Are you kidding me with that dry spell? Granted I think Georgetown's interior defense down the stretch was great, but those perimeter freshman didn't even look to step inside the 3 pt line. We talk about fabulous freshman all season, but I think we saw a case of a more mature team hanging around, and then putting the clamps on when they needed.

The KOBE scoring spree goes on... I have NBA League pass, and there were MVP chants from the start. I still put him behind Dirk and Nash, and even Kobe said, the MVP should come from one of the teams with the best records.

As for the upcoming fantasy draft, I lost in the finals last year by one blown Bob Wickman save and I'm back for vengeance this year.

Whats with all these Billy Packer haters? The man has passion for the game, and tremendous knowledge base, and he's done every Final 4 game since 1975!

I would say the two most talented teams in college basketball are no longer playing, Kansas and UNC. Like Neal mentioned below, can't wait for the Hibbert-Oden matchup. Guy that has grown on me all season is Lewis from OSU. He seems to always hit that big 3 when they need it.

UCLA seeking revenge for last year's finals drubbing. They didn't have Ship last year, and an interview with Howland was pretty revealing of what Ship does for that team. Best passer and best help defender. Still got to think Florida will take it, but expect a much better game.

"Take a chance, make it happen... "

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comment on UNC.

I am not necessarily a Packer hater but I will tell you, he couldn't hold Raftery's nutsack in college basketball announcing. Feel free to peruse the famous quotes section on Bill's Wikipedia page before you mention passion for the game.

Why didn't we all go to school at Florida? What is the matter with us?

With Carolina out, I am only looking forward to one thing and it starts a little something like this; "The ball is tipped...there you are."

And yes relaxo, that song is on your ipod.

downey said...

i didnt lose a grand, but i lost a part of my soul.

its whatever though, i've always been a bigger women's basketball fan so its nice to have the unneeded distractions out of the way. i <3 ivory latta.

Anonymous said...

Come on guys, 4 bloggers and no mention of the D 2 championship game? Are you kidding me. Terrible blog, way to drop the ball. Friggin Ass clowns, the lot of ya