Thursday, September 6, 2007

This is a great time of year for fantasy sports. Baseball is in the playoffs and football begins tomorrow. At this stage in the fantasy baseball season you have developed a real connection with your players.

I wanted to personally thank Halladay for throwing 126 pitches in a complete game loss at Boston this week. His team is basically out of the race, they were down 5-3 in the game. yet he stayed in.

Whoever is lucky enough to have Arod on their team, saw him limp into Yankee stadium, force his way into the lineup and hit 2 homeruns in the process.

Then you got other guys who have done wonders for you all year like Carlos Guillen, who will then go out when you need him most and go 0-5, with 4 k's.

This is what makes fantasy a crapshoot and what makes it so enjoyable for some and so painful for others.


Congrats to King Federer who just beat Roddick 7-6, 7-6, 6-2. It has been written about a million times, but he is in a different league then everyone else. I look for Ferrer to come out of the bottom half. For all those who stayed up till 2AM the other night watching him beat Nadal, you had to come out impressed. The guy covers as much court as anybody I've seen and he has to be considered the favorite in that side of the bracket.

For the first time in awhile, I was actually entertained by a women's tennis match. Venus-Jankovic was actually great tennis to watch and ended in a 3rd set tie breaker.

I will be giving my picks every Thursday for the weekend
I have been doing a pick em versus the spread for 3 years now... I've had one 2nd place finish, one finish near the bottom and one in the middle (50 guy league)... so take them for what they are worth:

Indianapolis Colts -6.5 New Orleans Saints
Houston Texans -1.5 Kansas City Chiefs
Buffalo Bills +3.5 Denver Broncos
Washington Redskins -3.5 Miami Dolphins
Green Bay Packers +2.5 Philadelphia Eagles
Cleveland Browns +4.5 Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Jets +6.5 New England Patriots
Minnesota Vikings -3.5 Atlanta Falcons
Jacksonville Jaguars -6.5 Tennessee Titans
St. Louis Rams -1.5 Carolina Panthers
San Diego Chargers -5.5 Chicago Bears
Seattle Seahawks -6.5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Oakland Raiders -1.5 Detroit Lions
Dallas Cowboys -5.5 New York Giants
Cincinnati Bengals -2.5 Baltimore Ravens
San Francisco 49ers -3.5 Arizona Cardinal

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THanks for indicating who is the home team on your picks....ur really NOT helpin a guy like me out brother!

Anonymous said...

yeah man! and where am I??

JWS said...

hahah i forgot the title and realized it half a second to late... home team on the left

Anonymous said...

My god I am tired from last night. You have no idea whats its like to be in so many commericals. Its exhausting.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was my brother. I have nothing to live for. I am pathetic.

Anonymous said...

dont forget about me!