Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Daily Morning Glass of O.J.

O.J. Simpson is a crazy person. Not the kind of crazy person we see everyday in the morning on the way to work and say to ourselves, "Oh, crazy people, they're so crazy." No. O.J. is the type of crazy person you see on TV as his getting arrested, again, with a carefree, smug smirk on his face as he's getting led to police headquarters. The look in his eyes that screams, "I don't feel like I did anything wrong, but if everyone thinks I did, I will get out of it. Heck, I got away with murder."

I used to think O.J. was pretty sane. A football legend with a blossoming movie career (who could forget him in the Naked Gun series). When O.J. first was in trouble, I didn't know what to think. I remember sitting in my dad's basement watching the Knicks playoff game with some buddies, when all of a sudden they interrupted the game to bring us all the late breaking news. The white Bronco chase, the trial, and the verdict all went by so fast, and when O.J. finally got off, my reaction was one of shock and surprise, but that was that. O.J. would most likely just disappear forever, and that would be the end of it. Watching him in the courtroom, he still seemed at least somewhat normal looking. However, normal people would have gone somewhere, lived off their NFL pension, and stayed out of peoples way.

Recently, I think O.J. got bored, a little too big for his britches, and has been taking a more concentrated dose of crazy pills (a recipe for disaster). First came his book, essentially admitting to the killings. Now, after his latest incident and the looks on his face, combined with the audio tapes released, I am 100% terrified of this person. If I ever saw O.J. walking on the street I would drop whatever I was doing and literally sprint and hide until he was gone, I swear to God. Who knows what is going through this insane person's head? I don't know and I really, really don't want to find out because if I did, I'm sure I would have nightmares for life.

I don't get scared of people easily. I enjoy horror movies, and characters like Mike Meyers, and Chucky entertain me. Even the real life horrors like Son of Sam, Ted Kaczynsky, and even Osama bin Laden don't scare me because they've always been insane, and at least they know they are doing something wrong. There are a few factors which makes O.J. the scary kind of crazy. One, he used to be normal. He won the Heisman trophy at USC, was a Hall of Fame NFL running back, and was a typically comical retired actor (comical in the sense that we would all laugh at him, not that he was a good actor, just to be clear). Two, he most likely murdered two innocent people, had no remorse, got away with it, and STILL hung around Then, he was looking for attention, wrote a book admitting his crimes, and even broke the law again. Lastly, and what really put me over the edge was the looks on his face while being taken into custody, his mug shots, and the audio clips. This guy honestly does not give a shit, loves what he's doing, and is still plotting as he's being thrown in jail. He's gotten away with murder, what should make him think he won't get away with this?

Side note, the fact that O.J. played football brings up another point which is a whole other post but I wanted to bring up as food for thought. Because O.J. used to be normal, and is now clearly coo-coo pants, how much (if any) did having a career as a NFL running back and being hit hard and tackled for a living have an affect on his brain? All these studies and arguments have been coming up about retired players and concussions, etc. so maybe all the hits he took had something to do with him going insane? Just a thought.

Anyway, now that I have officially confessed I am terrified of another man, some quick thoughts from the past weekend:
  • Tiger Woods ladies and gentlemen. He brings up another thought I had. You know that Gillette commercial with Tiger, Roger Federer, and Thierry Henry? Theirry Henry? Really? I think it's fine with just Tiger and Roger. Don't get my wrong, Henry is a terrific soccer player, one of the best in the world, but Tiger and Roger have dominated their sports better than anyone in the history of their sport. The only three people I would really consider putting in that commercial besides those two are Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, and maybe Babe Ruth. Thierry Henry though? Come on people.
  • I said it before the season and I'll say it again. The only thing that is going to keep the Patriots from going undefeated is wrapping up home field advantage by week 14 and sitting their starters for the last few weeks. For the sake of the '72 Dolphins, I hope I'm wrong.
  • USC, Florida, LSU, Oklahoma...no one else has a shot.
  • U.S.A. Women will be moving on to the next round in the women's world cup, while the UEFA Champions League begins tonight.
  • I feel really bad for Greg Oden and the city of Portland.
  • Yanks have a little cushion between them and the Tigers (+3.5) and are breathing down the necks of the Bosox (-3.5); Mets are looking like the great teams of the mid 90's and early 2000's again.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we first shot the Gillette commerical, I grabbed Tiger's butt. He beat me senseless with a nine iron.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dumbass,

I am best Premiership player in the history of the league! I have won a World Cup, been to the Champions League final and been on an Arsenal team that went an entire season undefeated! Thats 38 games without a fucking loss! Nearly impossible and probably never to be done again.

Not to mention I am playing a sport that doesnt require a country club membership AND you know what? Black people play my sport! A-lot of black people.

Anonymous said...

So are you saying he is far and away the best and most dominant soccer player in the history of the sport?

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt...:)

downey said...

hey katz great article...a real page turner! how does it feel to be ranked 6th in the new power fantasy power rankings available at http://tinyurl.com/2lo3gs

Anonymous said...

I'm just saying that I look really cute in a clean, tight Gillette shave!

Anonymous said...

Amen...hi henry.

JWS said...

How about Pele for the commercial? He's as much an icon as any of the other guys you named... ever heard of him?

Anonymous said...

I'm an old hag.

JWS said...

So is Babe Ruth

Anonymous said...

My shoulder hurts a lot, waaaaaaaaaa!

Anonymous said...

I dont like anyone but myself! All i think about is myself! I never give any of my money back...rarely do I use my position in the world to benefitt other. Basically, I am a greedy, selfish, pitiful has been.

And Diego Maradonna was better than me anyway...

Anonymous said...

Pele raped me during a MasterCard commericial when I was 10!

He sat down and said he had some special brazilian candy for me....turns out it was just his wiener...and I sucked it. I sucked his brazilian pe pe...

Anonymous said...

Whose up for a quick rendezvous in the Men's Room!? Roger and Eli know what I'm talking about...Pele, Henry, Katzo, Da Bocker, OJ, Downey...care to join us? We can use a handicap stall, OH YEAH!

Anonymous said...

... but when he raped me he stopped because I had poop in my pants leftover from my travel soccer game... not only did I avoid rape but I scored 2 goals!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOH BABY, I LIKE IT RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Anonymous said...

Hello! Best topic, but will this really work?