Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Let me off the Waaaambulance

Thus far I am 1-5 in my 3 Fantasy Football Leagues and 14-18 picking against the spread. This is where I draw the line. Things will be turning around from here on out: (home team in caps)

Cardinals +8.5 over RAVENS:
Cards have the fire power to stay in this one. As scary as the Ravens defense is, that's how unscary their offense is. Cardinals will hang around in this one, with Edge looking to be the threat of old and especially if Billick continues to not let McGahee run out the clock with the game in the bag.

Fantasy Update: Leinart 2 TD, 3INT through 2 games, Larry Fitz 0 TD's
McGahee 0 rushing touchdowns

JETS -3.5 over Dolphins:
Look for the Jets to finally get on track this week. After facing the Pats and Ravens, the Dolphins and their inept offense will be welcome in the Meadowlands. Doesn't matter who starts for the Jets in this one. At least Ginn and his 4 yards rushing on the season was worth the #9 pick right? "A few game changing plays over the course of a season" Ha!

Fantasy Update: Ronnie Brown 65 rushing yards on the season and 0 TD's
Thomas Jones 109 rushing yards and 0 TD's


49ers +9.5 over STEELERS:
I don't know why, but I'm not sold on Big Ben being a top tier QB in this league. And I'm starting to believe that the 49ers are gonna be a team tough to blow out. Gore, until he blows out his knee (again) will help take pressure off Smith and that pathetic receiving core. Fast Willy is for real, and will the real Vernon Davis please stand up?

Fantasy Update: The best athlete in the history of the combine not named Calvin Johnson has 4 catches for 27 yards?
Parker 235 yards and a TD
Big Ben 5 TD's in 2 games
Gore only 135 yards but 3 TD's in 2 games
Mr. Non-Factor, Alex Smith 0 TD's, 0 INTS

Rams +3.5 over BUCS:
I know the Rams are as inconsistent as any team, but how can the Bucs hang with these guys? Bulger, Holt and Jackson are all playing to the best of my knowledge. Whether or not Jackson finally gets on track, I can't see the Bucs putting enough points on the board to win. They aren't playing the 'Aints anymore.

Fantasy Update: Steven Jackson 118 yards
Holt 13 catches 147 yards 2 TD's (what knee problems?)

Lions +6.5 over EAGLES:
One of these teams is starting to rid themselves of the losing culture and the other may be slowly falling into it. Can the Eagles, who did not score a touchdown Monday night find their stride against the Lions, not known for their defense? Maybe, but I don't think they will stop the Lions enough to cover. Eagles have lost their mojo. I would be remissed not to mention Kitna returning from a concussion to lead the Lions to victory... while McNabb's leadership has been on display in HBO specials.

Fantasy Update: The Megatron is for real, 2 TD's in first 2 career games
McNabb 1 TD
Reggie Brown 3 catches for 41 yards (number one receiver, really?)

CHIEFS -2.5 over Vikings:
Yes the Vikings are better then the Chiefs, I just can't pull the trigger on Tarvaris Jackson or Brooks Bollinger winning a road game. I still don't expect LJ to put up LJ numbers against this massive Vikings defensive line, but I think the Chiefs will do just enough to get the victory.

Fantasy Update: "All Day" 281 yards of total offense and 1 TD, not bad
LJ 98 rushing yards, gonna need those 420 carries to get to 1000

Chargers -4.5 over PACKERS:
The Chargers will blow off some steam against the upstart, revitalized Packers. Even at home, I think the Chargers pressure will bring out some of the wildman Favre we have grown accustomed to in the past few seasons. LT breaks out, Vincent Jackson will show a pulse (side note- I have him on all three of my fantasy teams, and he is KILLIN ME)

Fantasy Update: The AFC version of Reggie Brown, V-JAX 7 catches for 81 yards
LT 68 yards rushing, 66 receiving, 17 passing... not LT like numbers
Rivers 2 TD's, 3 INT's (legit or not???)
Favre 492 passing yards, 3TD's, 2 INT (not a surprise, just posting)

Bills +16.5 over PATS:
I dunno, that's a lot of points for a division rival. I think the Pats blew off their steam last week, and won't have as much motivation do go out and utterly dominate like they did with the Chargers. Expect them to come back to earth a little bit... I hope, otherwise the '72 Dolphins might need to start sending out their "get together" invites that usually come much later.

Fantasy Update: Lynch 184 total yards and a TD (not bad for a rook)
17, 288, 3.... he's baaaackkk.... Randy! Randy! Randy!
576 passing yards, 6 touchdowns, 134.2 Qb rating.... Shady Brady

Side story, I went to the Red Sox-Yankee game last Friday... I was wearing my Yankee t-shirt and the Vendor asked if I wanted a Red Sox hat... I said "Who do you think I am Tom Brady"

Colts +6.5 over TEXANS:
The Texans were my sleeper for this season, but with Andre Johnson's knee situation and that commercial guy across the field I can't do it. You just can't stop Manning. I said it while watching the game last week, and Curtin stole it for his post... but it's the ultimate compliment... he's better in real life then a video game.

Fantasy Surprise: Schaub 452 yards and 3 TD's
Johnson 14, 262, 3... not far off from Randy
***ANDRE JOHNSON OUT FOR SUNDAY****

BRONCOS -3.5 over Jags:
I don't like Cutler now as much as I did. I don't like Gerrard as much as B-Left. I think MJD is right behind LJ for the Mayor of Bust City. Jags defense is tough, but that offense can't hang with the Broncos who I expect to win an ugly one. ***Potential for the 3rd straight Elam game winner***

Fantasy Surprise: 63 rushing, 38 receiving... hope you didn't take Maurice Jones Drew early

RAIDERS -2.5 over Browns:
You could put them up against the '98 Staples Wreckers, the Browns will not score 50+ points again. On the road, in the Black Hole... the Browns revert back to their human form and lose in Oakland. Derek Anderson's 1 week of praise is over, and we may hear Brady! cheers all the way from Cleveland.

Fantasy Surprise: 11, 195, 2... Edwards breaking out or one week wonder?
251, and a TD... Lewis is not quite pre jail days, but it's nice to see the single game ALL TIME rushing yard leader with a day like that
229 rushing, 89 receiving... Lamont Jordan off to a good start (sell high)

Bengals +3.5 over SEAHAWKS
Despite the disaster in Cleveland, I still consider the Bengals to be a playoff team. Chad Johnson and TJ Housh... Rudi as solid as ever... and a Seahawks teams that is no longer a lock to win the NFC West. One thing that worries me about this pick is how good the Seahawks are at home. I dont have the numbers and this post as been long enough but I'm going to guess the Seahawks have gone 15-1 at home the past two years. Loss #2 comes this weekend.

Fantasy Update: 595 yards and 8 touchdowns for Palmer
14, 262, 3... Ocho Cinco
Im of the belief Alexander is back this year, he's got 175 and 2 Td's thus far

FALCONS +4.5 over Panthers:
There are a few teams I seemingly never pick correctly. So since I think the Panthers will cover I am going to pick the Falcons. Harrington sucks, the team sucks, the running game sucks, the receivers suck... and thus they will cover at home

Fantasy Update: Steve Smith 15, 271, 4... in a season of WR's, the best yet
"Day Light Come and I want to Delhomme" 508 yards and 6 touchdowns


Giants +4.5 over Redskins:
I'm not a Redskin believer. I'm not a Redskin believer. Jason Cambell is not for real. Clinton Portis is too fragile. Joe Gibbs is too old. Those stumblin, bumblin Gints will not only cover, but knock off their division rivals. The blog's boy ELI will LEAD the GMen to their first victory.

Fantasy Update: Plax has got 4 TD's already, and with a healthy Eli no reason to think that won't continue
The Redskins bore me too much to look up their stats (I hope Ev is reading this)

BEARS -3.5 over Cowboys
Another pick I don't feel great about. 82 points in 2 games for the Cowboys. However, even with Sexy Rexy it's never easy in Chicago. Side Note- why does it seem like the Bears and Ravens have the craziest defenses. It's never just a normal run and tackle. The gang mentality and intensity they bring to every defensive snap is what separates them. From the opening play to the last, these two defenses are relentless. A convo with a fellow blogger led to the conclusion that it stems from the middle linebackers. Lewis and Urlacher lead with emotion, intensity, actions, etc. Everyone feeds off them. There are plenty of good middle linebackers in football, but none have the effect of these two.

Fantasy Update: Were the 16 TD's last year a fluke? 3 this year for Barber III
TO 184 yards and 3 TD's
Romo 531 yards and 6 TD's
Benson 143 yards rushing... can someone show this guy the endzone

Titans +4.5 over 'AINTS
ALL VINCE YOUNG DOES IS WIN FOOTBALL GAMES (AND COVER SPREADS AS AN UNDERDOG)

Fantasy Update: Brees 1 TD and 3 INTS
65 rushing and 50 receiving- Reggie Bush
Colston 14, 117, 1 TD- only non bust on this team
Chris Henry, i mean Chris Brown came to earth in week two with 34 rushing yards



FREE OJ AND ISAIAH (just kidding... send them both away)

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

click clack...

Anonymous said...

Yeah . . . Click Clack

Anonymous said...

You might want to reconsider my game.

Anonymous said...

I want to fart in your food.

Anonymous said...

I am actually good this year!

Who keeps pretending to be me?? Is that you Rothlisberger??

Anonymous said...

Colts +6.5 against the Texans? Really?

Can I take out a mortgage and put the Colts please?

Anonymous said...

Bet the ranch.

JWS said...

Sorry, I'm an idiot... obviously that is Colts -6.5.... still bet the ranch!

Anonymous said...

Maybe that means +6.5 sacks?

I love sack lunches

mmmmmmm mmmmmmm good

Anonymous said...

No love for me in the fantasy section for the Broncos?

Anonymous said...

Anyone interested in a little friendly afternoon top-less competition??

Anonymous said...

I'll be head judge...let's meet in the bathroom stall in 10-15...don't be late boys... :)

JWS said...

Hey David Carr, you're not on the Texans anymore remember... you're backing up the revitalized Jake Delhomme in Carolina... damn, you've been sacked too much, dont even know where you are

Anonymous said...

Fuck you Clown!

Anonymous said...

At least Tyson is still fatter than me.

Anonymous said...

Zinger...

Anonymous said...

I am an investment expert!

Anonymous said...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

JWS said...

Who has more of a following... Beersandwiches or Netflix?

Anonymous said...

my Sphincter hurts!

Anonymous said...

If you build it, they will come.

Anonymous said...

Who is going to get me my cheesesteak!?

Anonymous said...

I was clean!

Anonymous said...

i'm coming for you...

Anonymous said...

This is our country...

Anonymous said...

sorry, my head is in the way

Anonymous said...

i just jerked off on my friends, daughter's teddy bear...whoopieee!

Anonymous said...

Ted, is that you again??

Anonymous said...

what most people don't know, is that after curious' and my adventures, we would sit back, open a bottle of chianti by the fire, and go at it, literally like monkey's until the sun came up.

sometimes my friend zack would call us up and give me pointers on how to "act out a rape scence" on old georgie!

Anonymous said...

eeee eeee eeee ahhh ahh ahhh

Anonymous said...

Monkey boy and yellow hat man...we got some extra space in the men's room - come on in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are lots of bananas wobbling around in here!

Anonymous said...

The most meaningless record in sports has been tied

Anonymous said...

The most meaningless record in sports has been broken

Anonymous said...

Wow most message board posts ever! what a record.

Im going to go celebrate with my monkey

Anonymous said...

wow, this messageboard is too gay even for me!

p.s. my name is doug