Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stupidity

There are two stories that have been in the news this past week that have really boggled my mind. The first one his the whole "Spygate" or whatever you want to call it. OK, the Pats broke a rule. The rule though has such a small impact on the outcome of a game. Why break it? Every team is looking to steal the signs of the opposing side. Is it that much easier and beneficial to videotape them? Somehow I have trouble believing that. Then you throw in the fact that the pats were warned and this really gets dumb. They knew they were being watched, they were playing against a former assistant (more on this later), and thinks is a rule that they did not need to break to kick the Jets ass. I will never understand why they continued to do it after being warned. They have embarrassed every Pat fan there is.



As for Mangini, I just want to bring up one thing that I read. Basically, from rumors swirling around the NFL (go to Profootballtalk.com for more on this), Mangini was a part of the spying in New England and then as soon as he got to the other side ratted on them. If this is true, then I really have lost some respect for the Jets coach. SO you benefit from this action, parlay it into a head coaching gig, and then turn around and bite the hand that fed you? I am not saying he needed to still be best friends with Bellicheck and the Pats, but he really went the other direction a little to far. I know if I was a competing coach or GM in the NFL, I would be more than a little skeptical when dealing with Mangini.





OK, now onto the winner of the ass burgers of the week award...........bdbdbdbdbdbbdbdbdbdbdbbdbdbd...THE NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!



How did Dolan and Isiah let this thing get to trial? The woman was asking for between $6 and $10 million from them. Are you telling me the Garden could not work out like a settlement for $2.5 million or something? It's a joke. Now you have this trial going on which is basically dragging the Garden and the Knick organization through the mud. Marbury is getting dragged into it, Steve Mills (Garden President) is involved, the Owner is in the middle of it alongside Isiah. I just can't deal.



This won't be the first time I have said this but let this be the loudest...FIRE ISIAH THOMAS! He has managed to turn the Knicks from a pathetic losing team, to a laughingstock. By laughingstock I mean a team that acquires players with fatal flaws that have big names and misguided talent. Let's go down the list: Eddy Curry (great touch offensively, heart problem, eating problem, defense problem, rebounding problem), Zack Randolph (great offensively, defense problem, gun problem), Quentin Richardson (leader, tough, back problem, contract problem), Stephon Marbury (tremendous offensive talent, coach killer, locker room cancer, recently could be on some kind of mild altering drugs), Jamal Crawford (great offensive talent, shot selection problem, turnover problem)...and the list goes on...

Now you add this trial to the mix. Visions of Isiah being a racist, a sexist, a bully and a sneak. All things we all could have imagined before this, but now they are being said under oath. As much as I hate the owner I beg him to clean house. Fire EVERYONE. Make this a respectable organization once again. Players that people want to root for. Good character, hard workers, and likable. Can we start there please? You have a start with David Lee. The rest of them? Get rid of them. I don't care who you bring in to run the team, but anything is better than this. I can not imagine a worse train wreck than the Isiah Thomas years in New York. At this point it is comical....and stupid.


One Last Thing...

I think that the penalty the NFL game Bellicheck and the Pats was stern and fair. They knowingly broke the rules and the League needed to make a point. They were warned once and this time the League needed to hit them hard.

Now is the moment of truth. While I am of the camp that this cheating was not that important, this I think it was stupid, there are a lot of people in the NFL coming out saying that they feel the Pats were able to beat them because of cheating. We will see the rest of the season. In my mind though all the Pats did was give haters the reason to hate them even more and opponents an excuse for losing to them. Once again, they deserve all of this. STUPID!



STKAFI

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heyyyyyyy, fuggeta bout dit.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Furget abouuut, tit!

Anonymous said...

OUch, my cohones!

Anonymous said...

Hey T, ehhhhhhhhhhhhh...fugeta boout it. You know?

Anonymous said...

I would love a bag of doughnuts!

huh-ha!

Anonymous said...

Hey cheech, get the yayo

Anonymous said...

If anyones got cookies or coffee, I got you covered on the milk - it's real fresh!

Anonymous said...

hey tits, did you see my score on the front 9?

your fruitless attempts to squirt your curdled milk in my eye during my backswing are pointless!