Monday, August 11, 2008

Wknd Wonders

-The Yankees are done. Stick a form in them.


-I don't wanna hear any crying about their injuries. When you have a team filled with guys over the age of 35, they are going to get injured. Joba getting injured sucks, but that how it goes sometimes. The Rays just had Crawford go on the DL, while the Mets had Maine go on the DL. Fact is that the older your team, the more more risk of durability.


-I'm not the biggest Girardi fan, so take this as you will, but I all I know is that Torre did not miss one postseason in 12 years, and that included relying on guys like Aaron Small and Shawn Chacon when they were needed. As well as Wang and Cano being called up out of nowhere when no one even thought of them as big prospects.


-I don't think he changed that much to their end of year record, but you can't help but be a little envious of the excitement over at Jet camp. I have had that feeling when Piazza was traded to the Mets and we felt like we finally had a superstar to call our own, and I can tell you it is amazing.


-I hopped on the Rays bandwagon in June, but even I am surprised with how they have started to pull away a little bit. I still think the Sox will end up taking the division, but the Rays just won of 4 to start a big road trip, which is pretty important when you realize that they are a much better team at home.


-I am starting to think that it is just the Cubs year. I don't really see a weakness on that team. The Mets have the firepower and starting pitching to play with them, but they might not even get to the playoffs. The Dbacks have the pitching, but their lineup will have a lot of trouble against good pitching. If it is the Cubs year, then I guess you could say they are due, 100 years is a loooong time.


-The Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics were awesome. I don't usually get into that stuff, but I did Fri night for a bit. Really impressive, and so far I have watched more of the events than usual. Being awake when they are going on live helps with that I guess.


-Mets have a pretty easy rest of the month schedule-wise. Unless the Philles go in the tank though I see this going down to the last week of the season (unfortunately). I do not have confidence in this team winning those big games down the stretch. How could I after last year?

-RIP Bernie Mac


No comments: