Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Chompin

Chompin at the bit here...


-Joba Chamberlain. Not that it means anything, but I don't like this guy. How can I? He is mean both with his pitches and his attitude on the field. Obviously, I don't like the Yankees, so the combination of him being really good and being an intimidator will grab my attention. Anyway, right now he is in Birmingham, AL about to get a second opinion on his ailing right shoulder. Honestly, I do not wish this guy any physical harm. I do have a major problem with the way the Yankees have babied their young pitchers though, so yes I would get some satisfaction from Joba having an arm injury. All that I have heard over the last year is how the Yankees are going to handle their young pitchers the "right way" and not wear them out. How they would gradually raise their innings totals from one year to the next and closely monitor their pitch counts. Comparisons were given to how the Cubs screwed up Wood and Prior, as well as the Mets ruining Generation K. Well, I think that Brian Cashman is an arrogant mofo who has no clue what he is doing when it comes to pitchers. Just look at his track record of signing and trading for pitchers. Also look at the number of pitchers that have been developed under Cashman's watch over the past 10+ years. A good article in the Times today mentions how Mussina threw 240 innings in 1992 at Joba's age. Cashman has this quote in the same article "“There are certainly no guarantees...But I’m very comfortable and confident in our pitching program. It limits the risk, but it doesn’t prevent injuries.” Well you know what? Hughes and Kennedy suffered major setbacks this year. Now with this Joba news, he could join the party. If that happens, none of these guys will come near the increase in innings the Yankees forecast and where will they be next year? I am not saying that the Yankees are alone in all this, but I look at the Mets wil Pelfrey (who is having a strong year) and I don't really hear any of this junk. I dunno, I just think that the "Yankee Plan" is not one designed on developing horses on the mound. I was already getting shit from my boy for saying moving Joba to the rotation was gunna a mistake. Well, I still think the Yankees don't know what they are doing and that will be proven in good time.


-Phew! OK, how many times is a Mets manager this season going to give the ball to Heilman in a big spot? People talk about Wagner blowing 7 saves, but Heilman has ruined at least 10 games. I know hes got good stuff and hes a resilient guy, but how many times do I have to see him give up a home run to blow a lead? Lets just give this dude a few days off and then gradually work him back into the mix. No more two innings at a time, unless you give him two days off after. No coming into a game unless we are down by 3, up by 3 or in extra innings. Let him prove it for about a month, while also letting him get some much needed race. He will be needed in Sept, but at this rate I think his arm might fall off before Labor Day (not that many Met fans would mind).


-Anyone have any tips on how to get thru plantar facitis (sp?)?? Sucks when you go out to rip a 7 mile run and it feels like someone is jabbing an ice pick into ur foot 3 miles away from ur apt with no metrocard to get back.....


I guss thats all folks....Lookin forward to seein those champion Giants back on the field Thurs night, eventhough there is no bigger d*cktease than preseason football...

No comments: