Thursday, July 26, 2007

:07 Seconds and More

Shalom.

After a 10 day absence from Beer Sandwiches, have made my return. The trip was incredible, great people, unique country, amazing experience.

Fellow blogger, IceCold had given me the book :07 Seconds or Less to read during my trip. I finished it late last night and could not have been happier with it. You do not have to be a Suns fan to enjoy it, which I am not, but you do have to have an interest in the NBA. It gives you an unbelievable perspective that quite honestly I am surprised the Suns agreed to. The author, Jack McCullum speaks very openly about the strengths, weaknesses, insecurities, etc about players on the team which to this day still play for the Phoenix Suns.

As a fan there is that hidden wall which separates us from our favorite players. This book takes us to the other side of the wall, and even though they may not be your favorite team, it is still great to read about. So I highly recommend it to anyone who has an interest on this subject.

In Other News:
I go away for 10 days, and I come back to:
Vick in more trouble than ever
NBA ref scandal
Yanks on fire
Sergio choking away the British Open
Beckam making his debut (i did watch some of this game)

I have to admit, the AL East was no longer on my radar when I left for my trip, but I am now a believer.

Interesting note: On Friday, the Yankees will finish up their game against the Orioles which started in June 28th. If Arod homers (he is up second), then the homerun will be credited to the June 28th game, meaning last night's homerun will actually be his 500th homerun.

This Ref scandal is devastating. Fans will have a difficult time watching a game again. Perhaps the refs should play a game of Bear Claw to improve their integrity. I believe this was an isolated incident and wont have long term impact, but how could you be a fan of a team which lost a close game in which Doneghy reffed and not feel cheated.

Sorry to keep it short today, I'm still playing catchup at work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe is spelled 'Beckham' not 'Beckam.'

I just want to maintain the integrity of this blog.

Anonymous said...

Excellent work, my friend, excellent work!