Monday, September 29, 2008

It Has Set In...

I think I was kind of in disbelief last night. I agree with a lot of what I wrote, but as I woke up this morning the dread of the season being over hit me pretty hard. No more baseball and no more Mets. Before I go any further I just wanna address this team. I have been a pretty big critic about their attitude of thinking they are better than they are, including how they handled the Willie Randolph firing. I will call out one guy for this attitude. Carlos Delgado. He had a great final 3 months of the season and could have been the MVP, but when he makes comments like "we have the talent to dominate the division", then he pisses me off. This team lost 2 straight years to the Phillies. The Mets can deny it all they want, but the Phillies have proven time and again over the past 2 years that they are the better team. Until the Mets either win the division or beat the Phillies in a playoff series, then they need to shut up about them.

Anyway, I'm glad the Giants are coming off their bye this week, and hopefully they will continue to distract me with wins deep into the winter.