Sunday, December 2, 2007

Woah

Huge win for the Gmen today. On the road, in the cold weather, coming from nine points down in the 4th quarter....like I said, woah that is good. A couple thoughts..

  • This is the second truly gutsy road win that the Giants have had this season (Redskins week 3). Overall the Giants are 5-1 on the road this season. Very impressive.
  • I am not here to defend Eli. I am done doing that. I will point out the same thing I have pointed out on numerous occasions in the past though. This guy has a knack for playing poorly early in ballgames and finding a flow late in 4th quarters. He did it against the Broncos and Cowboys a couple years back, against the Eagles twice last season (once in the playoffs where he tied the game with a flawless drive with less than two minutes to go), and today with two fantastic 4th quarter drives. As fans we are still maddened by the progress (of lack) of Eli, but today was a tough encouraging effort. He stood tall in the pocket all day and took his hits. He also showed a short memory. He had three turnovers but was able to put that all behind him to drive the Giants down the field twice in the 4th quarter throwing some bullets all over the field.
  • The Giants are in the drivers seat for the 5 seed in the playoffs. Would they rather go into Seattle or Tampa for a Divisional Playoff? I know I want no part of going into Seattle. At this point though it seems that the Giants chances are much better playing anywhere but Giants Stadium.
  • I could make the case that this was the biggest win of the Coughlin/Eli era. Midway thru the 4th quarter they were facing 7-5 and being losers of three of there past four. Oh, and going in Philly next week which has not been the easiest place to play over the past few years. Now they are two games ahead of the rest of the NFC with tiebreakers over Detroit and Arizona.

STKAFI

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No no. I admit it. I am terrible.